February 8, 2012

Cookies in a Jar - Chocolate Chip M&M

One of my Favourite things to bake are cookies!! I can't get enough.

Getting to make yummy cookies and being able to share them to friends and family as gifts is a HUGE plus!  But how do you accomplish this and make sure the cookies stay fresh? By making Cookies in a jar of course :)

I made a few batches before I perfected it!

Recipe to put into the jars.

In a large Bowl Mix together:

2 1/4 cups of Flour
1/2 Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix well and add to the bottom of your jar.

Add  1/3 cups of Chocolate chips.

Then add 1/3 of M&M's of any colour you want.  You can make Christmas looking ones with Red and Green M&M or Valentines one with Red and White M&M's.

Next add a layer of 1/2 cup of ( packed) Brown sugar.


The next step is the fun part! You get to create a tag for your Jar.  You can do almost anything.  You could paint on some home made Chalkboard paint  and then write on the directions right on the jar.  I went with a Tag.  I added on bows but you can

The directions should be as follows.

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Add the contents of the jar to a large bowl.
Mix in 2 eggs, 1 cup of butter and 2 tsps of Vanilla.
Mix till blended.  Place 1 inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 - 10 mins or until the edge start to get golden.
Let them cool then ENJOY!

I had a great time with my 8 year old creating this recipe and eating the batches! It is a super cute gift and so simple to make!  I add on bows but you can decorate it anyway you want.  Get the kids involved especially if it is a gift for grandparents!




1 comment:

  1. This is a cute idea!
    Miss you, love Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete